Which hardware do I need for an Odoo server?
Odoo is certainly one of the most resource-saving ERP systems in terms of functionality.
You can install Odoo directly on a physical server or use a VPS server with virtualizations.
Our general recommendation:
- PostgreSQL 9.6 (from Odoo 10) - here applies as with all databases > the more RAM the better min. 2 GB
- 1 physical core per 10 concurrent users
- 2 GB memory per 10 simultaneous users
- Run Odoo instances in Docker Container
- PostgreSQL and nginxdirectly on the host system
- Operating system Debian 8.x or Ubuntu 16.04
Our recommendation for cloud servers:
Benefit: Can also be booked in the German data center and offers firewall support
From 2 CPUs
From 2 GB Storage
- From 2 CPUs
- From CX21
- Certification: https://www.hetzner.de/unternehmen/zertifizierung
- From RS 1000
Our recommendation for dedicated servers:
- Install directly on a physical server.
- XEON CPUs
- Hardware RAID before SSD
- We have very good experience with the Server-Börse from Hetzner.
In the search mask, enter "HWR" for hardware RAID under Other.